This course is designed to develop students’ computer literacy, keyboarding skills and to meet the needs of students in the understanding of all aspects of computer usage in office administration. Students are introduced to the computer from the very beginning using competent skills, and raised through a well-researched process till they master the act of and usage of the computer. Students who pass through this program are trained to be computer experts to confidently handle all aspects of daily office usage relating to computers; software and basic hardware techniques. The student will learn from hands-on experience basic skills in file management utilities, word processing, spreadsheets, and graphical presentations in the Windows environment.
uniYAT is the only school that truly gives 85% practical hands-on training, preparing you to acquire a topnotch skillset to be able to work as a professional by end of training.
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- Office manager, project manager, data entry clerk, office secretary, receptionist in private and state agencies.
What You Will Learn
Upon completing your practical program, you will have developed the following knowledge and skills:
- You will be able to describe and demonstrate common computer literacy skills;
- be able to explain fundamentals of the internet and perform basic internet skills;
- you will be able to describe and perform basic word processing skills;
- perform more advanced Microsoft Word functions; and
- enhance a word-processed document by including appropriate visual components
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field
- Effectively organize, manage, and present data, using contemporary software applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, databases, and electronic presentation software
- Store and retrieve data from locally (e.g. from within the computer, a CD-ROM, or USB drive) or remotely (e.g. via a network virtual drive, FTP service, or WebDAV service)
- Understand the relationships of key components behind concepts such as hardware, networks, data storage, operating systems, and software programs
Certifications were once the end game for any individual seeking employment in I.T career fields. Today, certifications are simply part of the game in general. In practical courses, certifications such as Certified Practical I.T. Professional (CPIP) under CBT Professional are ways to demonstrate practical competence, a commitment to the profession, increase professional credibility, and improve employment marketability.
|Sessions||Weekdays, 8 credit hours (Monday to Thursday) 2hrs daily||Weekends, 8 credit hours (Saturdays and Sundays)
|Morning Session 1||8am to 10am||8am to 12 noon|
|Morning Session 2||10am to 12 noon||——|
|Afternoon Session||——||2pm to 6pm|
|Evening Session||5:30pm to 7:30||——|
- Level two (2) is currently GHS 1100
- Level three (3) is currently GHS 1100
- Yes! Hostel facility available
- Hostel fees paid separately
- Obey all hostel rules and regulations
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class. In order to fully benefit from this course, though, you do need access to a personal laptop.
General Admission Requirement
- Must be able to read and write
- Focused and willing to make a change
- Must have passion for computers
- Willing to work in an office setting for long hours
- No computer knowledge is required (We will train you)
Each lesson will include a lesson review project(exam) along with an assignment. Students will successfully complete this course with 50% or better.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area
No books will be required
Curriculum is empty